This blog post is all about how to prepare for moving day. Naturally, we have written a lot about the preparation for a move. However, this is not so much about all the planning and organization that goes into moving homes. This is about the last-minute preparations on the evening before the move.
The day/evening before your move
The following is not a complete list of all the things that need to be taken care of before you are ready to move out of your old and into your new home. However, here are a few tipps for your preparation:
- Consult your Moving Checklist: Is everything taken care of?
- Does your moving company have all the information they need for the following day, e.g. your mobile phone number, the correct addresses, etc.?
- Is your Moving Essentials Kit packed and ready for each family member?
- Check the weather forecast: Is it going to rain or perhaps snow? Is there going to be any form of inclement weather that needs to be taken into special consideration? Make sure to inform yourself, so you can take care of additional preparation like adequate clothing or any additional equipment.
- If you are expecting any additional helpers like friends or colleagues, quickly confirm with them.
- Try to get a good night’s sleep, so that you are well rested and ready for the move.
Any additional tips on how to prepare for Moving Day?
The more experience you have with moving to a new home, the more routine you have with moving preparations. Do you have your own best practices or any further ideas for last-minute moving preparations? Let us know in the comments!
Of course, if you are still researching for a reliable and professional moving company to take care of your move: Send us a message or give us a call!