When it comes to moving with pets, things can not only get messy, but additionally bring a whole new level of stress to our furry friends. Any slight change in the home or environment can actually make an animal experience anxiety or stress. If you’re anything like us, you want your fur baby to be comfortable from the beginning of the move, all the way till the end.
7 Ways to Make Moving With Pets Easier
It should come as no shock that you take on a lot of tasks during a move. Things can get hectic, as you tend to start several tasks within the moving process. With all of the new changes, you can get stressed.
When you get stressed, the comfort of your pets may be put to the back of your mind. When in reality, the process should be easy. For both you, and your pet. There is no “right way” to move with pets, or a real solution to their stress. However, you can definitely make the moving process a bit easier by following some of these tips!
- First things first, carry pet-friendly disinfectant wipes with you! Often times on moving day, pets will use the bathroom in their crates/cages. Particularly if you are moving long-distance, this is crucial for a better experience (for the both of you).
- Have a bag of “extras” packed for your animal. Sometimes we tend to toss food or toys in with the rest of our belongings. Therefore finding ourselves at 2am searching through boxes upon boxes. Include food, toys, comfort items, blankets, etc.
- Speak to your vet before moving day. If you are moving out of state, or to a new city, you’ll likely be locating a new veterinarian. You will want to be sure you have all of your animals records handy. Especially in case of a traveling emergency!
- Keep your pet with you in the vehicle that you are moving in. They find comfort in being around us, therefore it may make the process a bit easier for them.
- Update, update, update! Your animal is in a new location. For your pets safety, be sure you have the correct information attached to their tags and/or microchips!
- Give them lots of love upon arrival. Pets, much like humans, can become lethargic when experiencing big changes. Moving definitely counts as one of those big changes! Keep loving on your animals, and continue to make them comfortable in their new home!
As you can see, moving with pets takes a lot of preparation and time. To make the process a bit easier, consider hiring a professional moving company, like Brothers EZ Moving. We can do the packing, loading, and moving for you, giving you more time to spend with your pet!
At the end of the day, we just want to ensure that your pet is happy and healthy. If you follow through with these methods of moving with pets, you are ensuring a stress-free and ‘EZ’ moving experience!